Saturday, October 30, 2010

Couponing 102-How to use coupons Part 1

Again, this is information I borrowed from Hillary's blog. Its easy to understand and teaches you the basics of how to use coupons. She teaches coupon classes and really knows the in's and outs of it.

Stack Coupons!

Did you know you can use a stores coupon WITH a manufacturers coupon on the same item?? You can! And you can save a butt-load of money doing it! (I know, how immature of me to say butt-load....but it's the only choice of words I can use to describe how I really feel!)

Example: Target.com has a coupon for Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaner (with the Target logo on it, so you can only use it at Target.) The Target coupon is Buy One Get One Free. Coupons.com also has a coupon for Scrubbing Bubbles that is Buy One Get One Free. When you go to Target and they scan your two boxes of Scrubbing Bubbles, you use both coupons, and they cancel each other out and you get both boxes of Scrubbing Bubbles for free!

Example: I have a coupon for Crest from Target. I ALSO have a manufacturers coupon for Crest. I can combine both coupons at Target to get a bigger discount.

I have found that I TREASURE the store coupons I can get my grubby little hands on! They are a lot harder to come by than manufacturer coupons.

SO:
Stack store coupons with manufacturer coupons!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, great tips....just wanted to share with you that some stores will accept store coupons with other store logos on them...it varies from chain to chain, and is usually up to the store management, but it never hurts to ask. Usually they will take a coupon rather than send you to the competitor.

    And, since I work for a Safeway affiliate, I can say this for certain...those coupons printed at the register (Catalina's or Cat's) will be accepted at Safeway stores, regardless of what store logo may be printed on them...that only applies to the Catalina coupons, other store coupons are still up to the manager's discretion, but again, never hurts to ask. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs