Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Deciding That It's Time to Grow Up.



 I have been sitting here all morning staring at my pink hair, ripped cropped pants and t-shirt and I decided that I need to find a more mature me. Why am I posting this on the blog is because actually "growing up" is a hard task for us young 20 somethings. My birthday is coming up in  a few months and I will be 27, holly cow. I am on the downward slope of being a twenty something.

I have learned more in my twenties then I have learned in my entire life. I have made stupid mistakes but have learned the hard way from every wrong decision. It's disappointing that I am still in college and have wasted time on not following though with my career goals. Often times I am really hard on myself because my goals have been hard to achieve. I am tired of feeling like all my hard work is not paying off. Lately I have felt sad. When I was 19 I thought I would have been really successful and owned a mansion by now.  The point I am trying to get at by all of this is that sometimes life happens and the hardest part for me is moving on.

“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.”




I wish I could sit here and tell all of you how to become successful but if I did I would be lying to all of you. All I can teach you do is hang in there, that is what I am going to do. I have had a major set back education and will not be graduating in May like I thought. I really had the urge to throw in the towel and settle for what I have all ready accomplished. Instead I decided to take my consequences like a man and move forward. I have adjusted my goals to suite my new needs. I want to be the person who is happy with what I have instead of beating myself up over what I could be doing or things I have not done. 

A friend has give me some very wise advice and this is what I how I want to live my life. 
Treat Physical Illness
Balance Eating
Avoid Mood-Altering Drugs
Balance Sleep
Get Exercise
Build Mastery
This is going to be how I live my life, remember to take care of myself. I feel I will be able to achieve my new goals if I follow though on these five things. Here are my goals to go along with them...
1. Have a routine,  do not over exhaust myself, say no.
2. Eat more veggies and complex carbs, take my vitamins, drink water. (eat less ramens)
3. Be the DD instead of the one who has to be driven. Limit the amount I go out. 
4. Go to bed earlier and get up in the mornings, not take care of stressful things (like the bills) at bed time. Try to sleep on my own. 
5. Learn YOGA, ride my bike and swim. Hopefully early morning. 
5. I am going to get an A in my class. :) Make more time for my hobbies.
Most of all be happy for my best and not compare myself to others. 

I will post periodically how I am doing with my goals.  I will show you how I am growing up.  I want to know your feed back and want to know what questions you have for me. Growing up is one step closer to No more Ramen Noodles.

AMY




2 comments:

  1. Chuck the Ramen NOodles!!!! They are gross! Keep your chin up. I like that list you posted and your goals below - it gives me incentive. Love u - we are all eating better these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mom! I have a blog also :) Go tayeerslife.blogspot.com I love this blog of yours! Inspiration moment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs