Friday, September 23, 2011

Free or Cheap Events Coming Up In the Next Few Weeks

After one of my budget posts I got asked.....
Everything I go to costs way to much money and I never have enough money to do anything. Where are all the free events you say you go to?

So I decided to make a list of everything I would find worthy of going to for free or cheap in the next couple weeks.....

Fitness
Community
Black light Zumba Friday nights Only $1. In the Shopping Center by Big Lots.
Sage Hills Yoga......Yoga Classes for everybody and Friday morning Breath Walks. I am personally a fan these classes. They even have Yogi Tea and Refreshments. Only $3 http://www.sagehillsyoga.com/
Free Indoor Walking Track... Great for cold days. PE Building.
For SUU students...
Free Zumba and other aerobic classes in the the PE building. Ask at the Desk for times and actual classes.
Free POOL admission


Feeling Artsy?
FREE and Open to the public. Braithwaite Gallery will run its Soviet Era Art: 1917-1991 Exhibit through November 19, which includes an incredible retrospective of Russian art from the last century. On campus



Want more Knowledge?
Free Convocation: The Rewards of Curiosity Ken Jennings, Ya know Jeopardy Master.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:30 AM
Outdoor Education Series: Engaging the Public Through Art: Zion National Park’s Art Initiative
Free and open to students, faculty, staff and the community. Thursday, September 29, 2011 SUU Outdoor Center, 11:30 AM
Free Pizza to STUDENTS only at Pizza and Politics
Eat some Pizza and debate some Political stuff.... Wednesday Sept, 28. Entertainment Bureau.
Take your Kiddos to story time at the Public Library for FREE
6 pm- 7pm

Want to See Nature?
Take a Drive up the Canyon and See all the Fall leaves.
Cedar Breaks has all sorts of activities.
Guided walks, interpretive field trips, Junior Ranger programs and scavenger hunts.For information call 435-586-9451, 435-586-0787 or visit www.nps.gov/cebr
Hike the C trail to see the leaves changing.

 I want more feedback. Tell me if you all would like me to keep posting events? Tell me what you want me to write about. Comments Are always welcome. :)
Final Budget post coming soon.

Amy

2 comments:

  1. I wish we were there to take a drive up the canyon. I'd love to see those beautiful fall leaves!
    I love your blog Amy!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are so sweet!! You seriously made my day.... do u do yoga in Cedar? I will totally meet you there... :) I will be there on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs