Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friends

Some of My best Girl Friends
A few days ago I made a new friend. I love to meet new people and make friends. I feel knowing people and having a strong support group is important. Anyway, the reason I am posting this blog is because she was telling me about how she felt like she lost her support group. Her friends pretty much ditched her and she is having no luck with dating. At first I felt bad for her. I know what it's like to be in a new place and be alone.

As we chatted for a while things in the conversation turned around. She started to realize that maybe this is not a hard time and it's an amazing time to meet new people. We talked about how sometimes change is a good thing. When one door closes another one opens and that is what going to happen to her. New people and new things are going to come in to her life.

When bad things happen to us we can take it two ways. We can be strong and move forward and welcome the what's to come, or do the opposite and become depressed and hang on to our losses. I am not really sure why I end up in these kinds of conversations with people I have only met a few times.

It made me realize that I am happy for my support group. I have some great friends who care for me and love me.I would do anything for them and I know they would do the same for me.
This was in January for Alyssa's Birthday

1 comment:

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs