Saturday, June 8, 2013

True Beauty

Lately I have been reading a whole bunch of beauty blogs. Ever since I turned 28 I don't feel as pretty as I used to be. I have developed some really annoying forehead wrinkles that have really bothered me and I have considered botox to cover them up. I think if I had the money I would have done it a few weeks ago, but I didn't, so I am stuck with my wrinkles. I decided I can either accept the way I look or be insecure and forever have bangs, which I don't want because of the hair trends lately.

I decided to go out on a mission to discover what true beauty means. What I found to be beautiful was far from what we see on a daily basis in the internet, on TV, or on covers of fashion magazines.

The first place I found beauty is when I took a drive up right hand canyon, to the "C" overlook. I have been there more than a hundred times over the course of my life and I would look out over the city and would think big deal, this is where I live. The other day, things were different, I decided to meditate there and I really took in all my surroundings. Wildflowers were blooming, and the day was so clear I could see all the way to Wheeler Peak, one of my favorite places go in Nevada. I had my husband snap some pic's and for once in my life, I looked at the picture of myself and thought I was beautiful, which usually doesn't happen.

I am proud that I found beauty in myself. We all age and  aging should be beautiful, not ugly, like the media makes it out to be. Self acceptance is great way save money. Every year women spend thousands of dollars on beauty products, which I am guilty of. By accepting ourselves for who we are we can save a lot of money by not buying  into all of the "anti-aging" gimmicks. This beautiful summer day I encourage each and every one of you to analyze your true beauty.

6 comments:

  1. I'm 28 too. Going prematurely grey runs in our family. My Mum's Auntie was completely grey by the time she was 30. Since I was about 25 I have been going grey. At first I covered up, I'd dye my hair lots. I've had black hair and red hair - after all completely different definitely covers up the difference and I've got natural and just had chestnut brown. Before I found out I was pregnant I gave up dying my hair it wasn't really worth the effort especially as I usually made a mess with the diy kits. I left all the dye to grow out and now I have a grey streak the length of my hair. I don't plan on dying my hair but there is running joke that when I'm more grey than brunette I'm going to dye the whole lot pink or purple. Self acceptance can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweetie. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  2. This is a great post!!! True beauty is from the inside out!!! I think make up and all the rest is fine as long as your comfortable with who you are without it! Thanks for sharing your inner beauty with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. Beauty truly can be nearly impossibly hard to find at times, but when you're able to look at yourself and feel it - that moment is unforgettable! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty is such a fickle thing, it really is. It's such an amazing feeling to realize that even without all the make up (Which is a lot of fun), we're still pretty. I've always been a big believer that make up should help showcase the things we love the most about us.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs