Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 3, Tip3 Make Pancakes



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pancakes. They are on my list of top favorite foods. I am not really sure why I like them so much, maybe it's all of the butter and syrup I spread on top of them. I guess I kind of have an emotional attachment to them as well. When I was a kid any time I was not feeling well or having a bad day my grandpa would make me pancakes. There were numerous occasions I can think when his breakfasts would make me feel better. His pancakes would come out perfect everytime. I remember him telling me the key to making  a good pancake, is to not make them too big.

I found this Old Fashion Pancake recipe online and I totally love it. I can't believe how cheap it is to make them from scratch. I will never buy pancake mix again.

1 1/2 cup Flour
3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 c milk
1 egg
3 Tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

These pancakes will make the perfect breakfast before you go enjoy the 4th of July Parade and festivities.
Remember to like No More Ramen Noodles on Facebook. It's easy to follow and subscribe to this page as well, just look in the sidebars and choose your preferred method. Thanks for reading and following, you guys are great. Check back for tomorrows savings.


2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I tried that pancake recipe yesterday, and man- it was good. Thanks!!! Your blog is awesome! :)


    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you they are awesome! Thanks, I love your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs