Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What's for Dinner Wednesday


Everyday while at work, my coworker or myself, some how end up discussing the dreaded topic,  What are you going to make for dinner? Usually my response involves microwave burritos or some kind of take out. I had the genius idea, and came up with What's For Dinner Wednesday's. This way I can compile all of my favorite meals to cook and remember the epic failures. Not only will I achieve my goal of learning to cook, I will save money and be healthier.


What's for Dinner?
Mmmmayzing Shrimp Cocktail Salad.


How to make:

 Beet Greens and Tomatoes are from my garden. So I went out back and picked those and chopped them up. I had a half of an avocado that was going to go bad, so I cut it into bite sized pieces and threw those in. Purchase 1 bag of pre-cooked large shrimp, a lemon, and a bottle of cocktail sauce. My hubby cooked the shrimp in boiling salt water, darned them and cooled them off in an ice bath. Arrange the shrimp on the side of your bowl and toss the salad part. Pour yourself a side of cocktail sauce and squeeze the lemon all of the shrimp and salad. Dip the shrimp in the sauce and ENJOY yourself a nice shrimp dinner for about the cost of a combo meal at your favorite fast food restaurant. YUMMERS!   

Happy Savings y'all. Loves...

32 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate the moment when I need to answer the question of what's for dinner. I mean... will it ever end?? I'm also in for some new, easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome (and simple!) recipe! Great idea for this series too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe...as a busy homeschooling and working mom - I'm ALWAYS looking for healthy meals to feed my boys. Thank you so much for posting this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to switch up the menu, the same old dish everyday gets a bit boring and embarrassing when you have to answer "that" question. Nice recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how quick and easy. plus it has shrimp in it, which makes it a million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried beet greens and didn't even know you could eat them. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks tasty and simple. Love the series idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a bit of a down day today so my lovely boyfriend is currently out getting me a takeaway chicken wrap and potato wedges as I type! Can't wait.

    Your meal looks yummy!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! I love all shrimp meals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally random but I've never tried shrimp! Now as an adult, I feel like I need to but I'm too chicken! Lol. Great series idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are missing out. Just take the plunge and try it. You will not regret it.Unless of course you have an allergy, than don't try it.

      Delete
  11. Omg so funny you posted that. I'm in the process of making my parents a meal that has ramen noodles in it, haha! It's my specialty LOL. It's a delicious lemon pepper chicken stir fry that I like to serve with noodles without the salty seasoning mix that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was this thinking about posting a few meals with "beefed" up ramen noodle recipies , Cruz I really do like them.

      Delete
  12. The whats for dinner discussion is a daily one in our house and it's almost always frustrating! This looks tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with shrimp! I totally want to make this salad soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes honey, what's for dinner is my dreaded 2pm thought every day! Shrimp is such an easy way to go, yet I always forget about it. Great meal idea.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shrimp cocktail salad sound really good! What's for dinner is my least favorite question. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am lucky I never have to answer such questions lol because everyone at work knows I don't eat after 7 which is usually the time I get home lol. That salad looks amazballs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love shrimp! Looks great :) I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love shrimp. This looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that you took it straight from your garden! Shrimp is one of my favs, this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! I have a terrible time figuring out what to make for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks good. I hate being asked what's for dinner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh that looks yummy! My husband would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The veggies make this meal look pretty healthy. I like how inexpensive all the ingredients are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this sounds like a great dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a healthy looking dinner right there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks really delicious! I love fresh, simple meals like this in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs